Random Notes on Food and Fun

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Toast - always good! plus dinner news



Scootered over to Toast for lunch today. I called in the order so it was ready when I picked it up. I got the soppressata, fontina, arugula panini and the soup which was pork, white bean, and kale. I love their homemade soups. It tastes so much better without all that salt. The other soup was butternut squash which I hope they have the next time. Toast is great. I love it.

By the way, I have been cooking, just not writing and taking pictures of cooking. Last night we had the left overs of my Moroccan cous cous with chick peas, onion, a bit of red pepper and raisins. Seasoned with a tablespoon and a half of cumin. I made grilled eggplant and zucchini to go with it. (Ya, shoulda seen the grill marks) I salt and pepper them and then do a lemon vinaigrette marinade that my other half goes crazy over. It is extra virgin olive oil, 2T fresh lemon, 2t zest of lemon, basil (fresh if you got it) and salt and pepper. After grilling, soak it in the lemon sauce, and it comes out very tasty. I also tried my hand at making tortillas (corn) again. They are not bad, but I think I need a tortilla press. If anyone has any good secrets on how to make them, I would love to know.

1 comment:

  1. That grilled zucchini with lemony marinade deserves its own post. Yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails