Random Notes on Food and Fun

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Only Burger - Eating from a Truck



So I had to chase down the Only Burger Truck at lunch today. You can follow it on Twitter. Fortunately, it was at the corner of Guess and Carver near a favorite shopping place of mine Medical Supply Superstore (don't ask). Now let me start out by saying that this is no pork sandwich dipped in an ashtray from a gas station. This truck looks like it was purchased yesterday. I ordered the single with everything (cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion (red), pickles, ketchup and mustard), fries and a diet coke. The total was about $7. I had to wait a bit since it is grilled to order so I stood on the corner grassy areas with three Dudes in khaki pants. On occasion, one of the two guys inside of the truck would yell out burger burger. I did really want to tell him that it is cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi, pepsi, no coke. But alas I did not. Ok, down to it. The burger and fries were in nice clean white bags with napkins and extra ketchup for the fries. The fries were very good. Not beef tallow old school oil good but, handcut with the skins on thin fries good. Good amount, also. The burger itself was very good. They advertise that the buns are grilled with butter to crisp them up and it worked. The single with fries was just right for me, but they do have the double if you are really hungry. Overall, a very satisfying burger truck experience.

1 comment:

  1. Burgers from a truck, hun? That's health food for sure... lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails