Random Notes on Food and Fun

Monday, September 29, 2008

Rockwood Filling Station - High Octane?

Some friends and I went to Rockwood Filling Station on Thursday night for dinner, drinks and yes, dessert. The Duck Rabbit Porter was a popular choice of beverage for those looking to clear their palate of an annoying work week. Two pizzas were ordered. I wanted to see about the meatballs (something about duck in them) so I threw them on the pizza. The pizza was good, but out of Pop's Backdoor, Broad Street Cafe, and Rockwood Filling Station, I have to say Pop's is by far the best. The crust on this pizza was a bit soggy and the meatballs a bit dry. I would still go back to see if I just hit a bad day. Two people at our table ordered the mushroom sandwich, but were not singing its praises. It was good, but not out of this world or anything. The ice cream, however, was great. I was trying to steal the homemade pizzelle of my better half's bowl. It was rainy that night so the windows of the "filling station garage" were down so it was not the greatest atmosphere. But that could have been the screaming children also. And last but not least the waiter was delightful with a great italian accent. Yum! Thanks to the gang for going out on a school night!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Not the best pizza. The mushroom sandwich was okay, but missing the yum-factor. But most shockingly....$5.50 for a beer?!? Them's DC prices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails