Random Notes on Food and Fun

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Falafel with lots of goodies


I went to Durham's Farmer's Market this morning and got some strawberries and some lettuce.  Suddenly I was craving this great falafel sandwich that we used to get at the Baltimore Farmer's Market (Waverly Farmer's Market).  So I went about trying to recreate it, mostly successfully.  Here is what I did:
Falafel - used that Fantastic Mix and fried them up in patties (not ideal but works in a pinch)
Sauce 
        1 c. plain yogurt
        1/2 cucumber diced small
        1 T lemon juice
        1 T tahini
(you could add some more to it but I wanted to keep it simple.  Tahini is not mandatory if you don't have it.)
Goodies
       Sliced strawberries (so good)
       Bibb lettuce (I can just eat it up plain)
       Frisee lettuce (fancy, tastes good and I love it)
       Matchbook carrots
       Thin sliced mushrooms
       Green onion sliced in sticks


Bread - I just got some whole wheat flat bread, but in the end we were just loading the leftover goodies into the bibb lettuce to finish them off.
A big bite for sure.
Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails