Random Notes on Food and Fun

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My bro's Pizza and shrimp po boy






White Pizza

Ingredients:

Bread dough recipe (used bread machine to make fresh pizza dough)

2.5T Olive oil (used what I needed, didn’t measure)

2T cornstarch (I’d cut this in half if you like less sauce)

2C milk (used whole milk, I’d cut this in half if you like less sauce)

1 t salt (used sea salt grinder)

1 t pepper (used fresh pepper grinder)

3 cloves garlic, minced (store bought minced garlic)

1T white wine, optional (didn’t use, didn’t have, it’s on the grocery list)

1 t onion powder (used chopped dried onion pieces vs powder, powder is too salty for us)

1 t oregano (also used Basil, Rosemary, and Thyme)

2T Parmesan cheese (used grated, I’d cut this in half if you like less sauce)

1C shredded mozzarella (used what I needed, didn’t measure)

1C shredded provolone (used Italian cheese combo, didn’t measure)

(artichoke hearts full size, cut into quarters)

(canned mushrooms pieces)

(roasted red peppers)

In parens is what I used or recommend.

Pam spray cookie sheet. Roll dough on flat surface using plenty of flour. Transfer to cookie sheet. Then pinch edges of dough to build wall around the pizza, makes it look more professional.

In medium saucepan sauté garlic until soft (until it gets warm). Blend in cornstarch and all spices (I had them cornstarch and all spices together ready to be added), mix and have ready the last 3 ingredients, you don’t want this to burn. Gradually add milk, wine (optional) and Parmesan and heat to a boil. Making sure to stir constantly (I used a whish), cook for about 2 minutes. Put to the side and let cool.

Brush dough with olive oil, I like a crisp crust, so I cooked the crust about 8 minutes or so at 425, you don’t have to, depends on preference. I prep’d sauce while my crust was getting crisp. Added a little more olive oil after I took the crust out. I put the sauce on the crust. I sprinkled the cheese on lightly. This first time through the recipe I used the full sauce but we like it less saucey, so I’d cut the cornstarch, milk, and parm cheese in half. Then I added mushrooms, red peppers and artichoke hearts. Sprinkled a little more cheese on top. Finally sprinkled some pizza seasoning on top, you could add parm, pepper or whatever you like to add flavor. Cooked 425 for additional 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.

Tasted really good. My three boys are more traditional, so you’ll see the pic for ½ cheese and ½ pepperoni, using traditional red sauce, this one I didn’t cook the crust first, so it is more doughly, just depends on your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails