Random Notes on Food and Fun

Saturday, November 15, 2008

drilling for mushrooms




Mushrooms logs. I am talking about actually growing your own mushrooms in your backyard. Now, I am not much of a green thumb but I figure moist shadey areas I could handle so I signed up for a class. Bountiful Backyards in Durham had a workshop today where you could get 3 logs of different mushrooms. Hey, with the economy, I might have to eat what I can grow in the yard, right. Plus we used drills and mallets and hot beeswax. Bonus. We drilled holes in the log and hammered in these little dowel like things and then brushed melted beeswax over them. I have to wait a while till they grow but I can't wait. I will keep you posted on the progress.

1 comment:

  1. So, after taking the class (which sucks that I had to be out of town during) do you think you could make your own?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails